Last updated 22 September 2019
Information We Collect:LMTce.com collects various types of information from our visitors so we can adjust our site to meet our users’ needs and expectations. Some of this information is collected automatically through cookies, and other information is collected when you register for any of our online services.
Information Collected Automatically: The types of information your browser or Internet session automatically sends us each time you visit one of our sites, which we automatically collect, include:
- Your browser, e.g., Internet Explorer® or Netscape®
- Your Internet domain, e.g., AOL®, EarthLink®, etc.
- Your computer’s operating system, e.g., Windows®, Macintosh®, UNIX®, Linux®
- Your navigation path, i.e., the URLs of where you come to our site from, which of our pages you visit, and where you go as you leave
- Your IP address. This information lets us see how users are finding our sites and tells us which pages are visited the most often so we can make our websites more useful.
Information You Provide to Us In addition to information automatically collected by your browser: LMTce.com also collects information that you provide when you register for an online service, order merchandise from us, or request information regarding one of our programs.
- Via Registration Sites LMTce.com registration sites require visitors to provide contact information and/or unique identifiers when they register. Information collected may include a user’s name, address, e-mail address, as well as unique identifiers, such as massage license number. Contact information is used to contact our visitors if necessary. Unique identifiers are utilized to verify the user’s identity prior to granting visitor access to some of the services available online.
Opt-out policy: You can choose NOT to register. While you will be able to access most of our sites, you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
- Via Ordering Sites Our ordering sites, such as “Sign Me Up” allow customers to request products/services from LMTce.com and require visitors to provide contact information and financial information such as credit card numbers. Contact information is used to send product/service orders to the customer, as well as to contact the customer if necessary. Financial information collected is used to bill the user for the products/services ordered.
Opt-out policy: You can choose NOT to disclose your financial information online.
- Via Information Request Sites Many of our sites provide users the opportunity to request information from LMTce.com. These information request sites require users to provide LMTce.com with contact information, as well as information about their interest LMTce.com. Contact information is used to send information about LMTce.com to the customer requesting that information. Customer interest information is collected to determine what information the customer wishes to be sent.
Opt-out policy: You could choose NOT to provide this information online.
- Via Survey Sites Many of our sites also allow users to let LMTce.com know how we’re doing. Our survey sites, such as feedback on the student and faculty websites and comments to LMTce.com, request customers to provide contact information as well. The contact information that’s collected is used to contact the customer, if necessary.
Opt-out policy: You can choose NOT to disclose contact information when you submit survey information to us. However, if your comments require follow-up by LMTce.com, we will be unable to do so when contact information is not available.
How We Use This Information:We use the information we automatically collect to help us better plan our website to meet your needs. Information you provide to us is used for marketing purposes, and may result in follow-up communications.
Your Rights, Our Obligations: LMTce.com does not sell or rent any personal data submitted by visitors to our site to any third parties. The company respects the privacy of users visiting LMTce.com and will abide by all applicable laws concerning the release of personal information. On occasion, we may use certain directory information that we have collected to send you information about products and services, or updates and other information we think may be of interest to you. Occasionally, we may share this information with our educational partners to bring similar information to your attention. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes. Please contact LMTce.com to request your name and address be removed from our lists. If you do not want to receive our email marketing, please submit a request to have your email address removed. Other than directory information, data you provide to us as you use the LMTce.com website will be held in strict confidence by the company and will be used for company purposes only.
The company may share aggregate information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. However, the individual information you provide within the LMTce.com website will be known only to you and LMTce.com. We will not share your personal data with anyone else, except as may be required by law.
How to Update Your Information: LMTce.com provides you with the option of changing and modifying information you have previously provided to us. To change or modify your account information, please contact LMTce.com.
Our Security Measures: LMTce.com websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We utilize industry standard SSL encryption when accepting your credit card information during the online ordering process, as well as whenever we ask you to log in to any of the LMTce.com services.
Links from Our Sites To Other Sites: Some LMTce.com sites may contain links to other sites external to LMTce.com. When you access these external websites, the providers of the sites will have access to certain information about you. LMTce.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites which we do not directly control.
For More Information: If you have questions about our information practices, please contact us.
Definitions Cookies Data created by a web server that is stored on a user’s computer:It provides a way for the website to keep track of a user’s patterns and preferences and, with the cooperation of the web browser, to store them on the user’s own hard disk. The cookies contain a range of URLs (web addresses) for which they are valid. When the browser encounters those URLs again, it sends those specific cookies to the web server. For example, if a user’s ID were stored as a cookie, it would save that person from typing in the same information all over again when accessing that service for the second and subsequent time during the same browser session.
NOTE: If you disable cookies in your browser, you will not be able to access any of the LMTce’s secured websites.
IP (Internet Protocol) Address: This is the address of a computer attached to a TCP/IP network. Every client and server station must have a unique IP address. Client workstations have either a permanent address or one that is dynamically assigned for each dial-up session. IP addresses are written as four sets of numbers separated by periods; for example, 184.108.40.206.
Browser Session: A browser session is defined as the period of time a browser is in consecutive use. The session begins when you open the browser and ends when you close it. When you reopen the browser, you begin a new session.
SSL Encryption (Secure Sockets Layer):This is the leading security protocol on the Internet. When an SSL session is started, the browser sends its public key to the server so that the server can securely send a secret key to the browser. The browser and server exchange data via secret key encryption during that session. We also use SSL encryption whenever we display your personal information (e.g., name and address, scheduled courses, grades).
URL (Uniform Resource Locator): This is an Internet address. URLs are used to locate sites on the Internet and to navigate between sites and pages within sites. The URL for LMTce is http://www.LMTce.com/. Internet Explorer and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.
Ready to Take Charge of Your Massage Career? Subscribe Here.
Why not subscribe to our newsletter? It’s an amazing way to stay up-to-date with the latest stress management skills or expand your knowledge about deep massage therapy. Prepare for the National Massage Therapy Exam, explore massage therapy continuing education requirements or discover new stress management exercises.